Sunday, April 26, 2009

SUP downwinder with the girls

What a nice day today. We had a blast this morning surfing Noriegas, and we took the afternoon to cruise with some friends.
We took the SUP out from Kuau, at Noriegas, with Sarah on the wide 9.6 classic, Bene on the narrower 9.6, Gurvan on his tiny 9.0 and me on my 9.3.
It was a really good test for the girls to go out today, the water was choppy, barely no wind, and a nice little swell, making the balance difficult.
I have to say I was impressed by the girls, first time out for 1 1/2 hour downwinder.

Sarah loved the 9.6, very stable, she barely fell, and had a lot of fun, right away.
Bene is more advanced than Sarah and had no difficulty on the narrower 9.6 she was using.

Gurvan always takes his 9.0, no matter what, and was still keeping up with us on bigger boards.

Check at the end of the movie, I caught a few waves at Baby beach, the view from the camera in front is pretty cool I think.
Francky

No comments:

Post a Comment