Saturday, April 18, 2009

9'6" x 27.5" x 4" SUP test ride

This morning I went out for a 3 mile paddle on my new 9'6" sup. Hookipa was just too crowded so I decided to get some alone time at the outside Baldwin reef. After a good 20 minute paddle out, I found my own little misto peak. For an hour I played all alone, wave after wave afer wave. My new 9'6" turns like a 9'0", the wider nose really let me get into waves easier and was more stabile than my 9'6" milkman sup. After an hour, another stand up surfer came over to say 'hi', it was Ryan Atkins. We talked for a few minutes then he paddled off towards Kahului leaving me all alone again. I paddle surfed another hour, it was a beautiful morning.

I also tested a new Kailoa adjustable aluminum shaft paddle and loved it. I will write a review on that a little later.

Aloha,
Matt Kinoshita

No comments:

Post a Comment