Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chaz Kinoshita and JoaoMarco Maffini score perfect huge Jaws today.



This morning we hit Jaws at 6:15 am, launching in the dark. Of course we were the 1st ones out and scored perfect 20' Jaws for a while by our selves. Chaz and Joaomarco towed for 5 1/2 hours straight and didn't make a single mistake. This was one of the biggest swells of the year and both Chaz and JoaoMarco caught the biggest waves of their lives, we felt like we were in tune. We came in for lunch, re-fueled our skis and went back out for an evening session only to surf it with Alfredo Villas and Kaleo Amedeo catching perfect bombs. As it got dark and everyone was packing up, a huge formed on the horizon and I told Chaz it was time to tow daddy into one. Long story short, I fell in the barrel and ate crap taking 4 waves on the head then making the trip into the rocks in near darkness. I have to admit I was a bit worried but it is nothing new but kids were in shock to see me get so pounded. Luckily Alfredo stuck around in the dark to come rescue me off the rocks, thanks Alfredo for risking your ski to get me. We all returned to the ramp in pitch dark and celebrated a safe surf session.

Matt Kinoshita

No comments:

Post a Comment