Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Squirrelfish" The next generation kazuma fish

Everyone is asking me what a "Squirrelfish" is and why I used that name for my new magic fish model. The explanation is below. Remember, the Kazuma model names don't really make sense. I never wanted the board model names to be a macho sales pitch and I want the performance of my boards to speak for itself, hence the search for oddball model names.





'Ala'ihi (Hawaiian Squirrelfish)

The Hawaiian squirrelfish is found nowhere else in the world except the Hawaiian Islands and Johnston Island. It is the only endemic squirrelfish among roughly 20 different species of squirrelfishes and soldierfishes known to inhabit Hawaiian reefs.


My new undercover Squirrelfish model has been working Magic. It fits the Kazuma lineup in between the Piglet and the Shibi models. The Squirrelfish has the proven Piglet rocker and triple barrel concave but has a fuller outline up front. This fuller front end works better for front foot surfers that normally overpower and bury the rails on narrower nosed boards. The fuller front also gives the Squirrelfish much better paddling than the Piglet. This model works well 2-3 inches shorter than your normal shortboard and 1 to 1.5" wider.
Come into Hi-Tech, Hawaiian South Shore or the Kazuma Factory shop to take a look at the new Squirrelfish model.

No comments:

Post a Comment